Sunday, August 14, 2011

I am Still Hopeful

Here is a quickie post.  I loved seeing my Detroit Lions "Silver Crush Defense" beat up on the lifeless Bengals, but I do know that it is just a 34-3 preseason victory.  Now we all know that the Lions went 0-16 in the 2008 season after having a perfect preseason record but I am simply making my point to "Lions Fan"...rid ourselves of the FORD curse by thinking the opposite outcome will occur...lol.  I know that we are preparing to eat "Lions Cornbread" yet another year, but lets just stay hopeful and keep it at that.  I am going down with the ship publicly this year.  My heart may end up bleeding Silver and Blue before it is all said and done, but I will not waiver and I will keep the faith.  The boys did look good though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T do it T!

Sorry.

Those bums done ruined forever!

All I need to do is remember Barry Sanders. That's all I need to know about that organization. Not retiring #54? That's a WHOLE other story!

Nope...no cornbread for me. Once bitten twice shy.

The Archman!

GENIUS328 said...

Nothing like hope T4. I really feel that they will solid this year and I am not a Lions fan. Hang in there and just ride it out but remember, it was Cincy in the preseason.

Anonymous said...

This will tide you over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmKPnJYl_0

Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pTiabmH7E&feature=related

Part II

Sorry T-Man....this current "batter" of cornbread isn NOWHERE near the one in the film above.

I was at this game too. The noise up in the upper tier where I was at was DEAFENING!

When they started knocking QB's out and playing Guns n' Roses' "Welcome To The Jungle" snippets...the crowd was so loud that my ears rang like I was at a Metallica concert the next morning!

The Archman!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crX1H4C_Qo&feature=related

Part III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BkLLW_THhk&feature=related

Part IV

Anonymous said...

What you see is a Detroit team cocked, locked and ready to rock yet get spanked...Detroit revenge comes in the playoffs....but this was a VASTLY different team with a REAL coach at the helm too that understood that D wins games!


PS: The Waynester lives down here T-Man.

The Archman!