Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Pistons Oh My!

I guess the same people that are voting on the Debt Ceiling are the same people negotiating the NFL and NBA CBA agreements.  My Detroit Lions can take advantage of this whole lockout thing.  Obviously we are on the up swing right now but there are a few holes that we still need to fill.  I am thinking that we can get some offensive linemen, a fullback, and a veteran backup quarterback.  I would love to see the Lions get Tyson Clabo on the O-Line,  Le'Ron McClain as a fullback, and veteran QB Matt Hasselebeck.  I would love to see these players put on the Blue and Silver Uni's so that we make a run at playoffs this year.

Tigers - if the Tigers are the northern Tampa Bay Rays, what are they?  I am certainly not a baseball fan but it really shows how much America's Past Time has fallen when you hear many people say, "there is absolutely no sports news from the NBA playoffs end to the NFL season start.  How can we still call baseball America's Darling?  There are certainly some great stories in the sport, but it appears that they capture the masses attention about as much as a soap opera does a two year old.

Pistons - About the only thing good pertaining to the NBA Lookout is the fact that if the season starts late then the number will be much lower in the Piston's loss column.  Now that we have a new owner and hopefully a new willingness to invest winning players, I can only hope that they can decide on a coach....RIGHT!  I guess none of that is or will be important if there is no season.  Maybe we will start watching Euro ball if all of our players go overseas to stay in shape and to keep their finances up.

1 comment:

GENIUS328 said...

I guess you're right T4. I just got news that your Lions maybe making a run sooner than later since the owners approved the new CBA. Now it's up to the players who I still say are being spoiled brats about it. Anytime you have a group of instant millionaires who are complaining about the money they make, I am quickly reminded of the vast lines at job fairs where people are trying to scoop up jobs they are overqualified for in order to make ends meet. I know its a business and players should be treated fairly but look at the amount of jobs you can get without a college degree that pay the league minimum.....not very many!

As far as baseball is concerned; I have seen better seasons (like last year when my Giants took the crown). The baseball All-Star game is now a joke and baseball has been in the headlines twice in the past two months; Jeter hitting 3,000 and that tragedy at the Ranger's game where a fan lost his life and a boy lost his father. Baseball simply fills the summer highlight slots on ESPN from the last jumper of the NBA season until August when football returns. That is of course when Hope Solo isn't giving up a penalty kick to lose the World Cup and push U.S. soccer back into the recesses of people's minds until the Olympics in 2012.

Now, to you Pistons and a head coach. Personally it doesn't matter much to me who they get because I am more concerned with who the coach would be drawing up plays for. The pistons need a lot of help and landing a big name coach is out of the question now that all of the big names have homes. There will be an NBA season but Europe will benefit for a couple of months, Again, spoiled rich people playing chicken with millions while people with real jobs struggle is a scene that is getting old fast. It's the fan that makes the sport what it is.

I leave you with this: If a touchdown is thrown on a field, and a dunk is thrown down on the court, but no one was there to see it....did it really happen?