Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Game At A Time

So we are now 5-0 on the year.  To say that I am excited and that I have long awaited for the Lions to be a respectable and winning franchise would not scratch the surface of my feelings at this point.  I think that the success of the Tigers and the Lions is awesome for my hometown because Michigan (specifically Detroit) is suffering from so many things: a down job market, a down economy, and a horrible educational system...not to say that sports can feel the void in any of those areas but it can provide people with a viable means to rally behind something positive.

The Lions are doing well right now but will have to face a difficult opponent in the 49ers on this Sunday.  5-0 does not say 16-0 or Superbowl, so lets just take this thing "one game at a time".  The (4-1) 49ers are having a season similar as the (5-0) Lions.  The 49ers are coming off of a huge win over Tampa and they did not have a physical game so their physical recovery will be pretty easy also.  They have to travel to Detroit so time difference will be in the Lions favor.  At the end of the day, if the Lions win this week against the 49ers, they can very well go into the bye week at (8-0) because the Falcons and the Broncos come after this weeks game.

Can you imagine....the Detroit Lions (8-0).  All that I can say is Thanksgiving Day should be a good one.

2 comments:

GENIUS328 said...

T4, as I have said before, I am feeling the Detroit Lions. They have a young nucleus and they should be a contender soon as long as this team stays togethernand the fans continue to support them.

Now, as far as the game this week goes, it should be great game featuring two young teams and two good defenses. I do feel like the Lions will have the advantage with that rawkus crowd, but I am taking the 49ers by a David Akers field goal. I must admit, it feels good to talk about the red and gold being best in the west again. I hope Deroit can keep doing what they're doing (after the loss to the Niners) because it's time to see some new teams in the playoffs.

CornerstoneDad said...

Genius is a Genius...GO NINERS!
Since Harbaugh's having a semi-homecoming, I'm tacking on 3 more points.

Niners by 6!