Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rydin' With The Silver Crush

Hey, we are going places this year period! The funny thing is, we will be better next year. The Lions have been the laughing stock of the league forever, but now that Schwartz brought defense and Matt Stafford can play upright instead of his back….these guys are looking good. After watching the first half of today’s game and seeing Dallas jump out to a quick start with a 17-3 lead, I must admit that I thought we were done. To be honest, I thought that Rob Ryan’s defense would do just what it started out doing to Calvin and the boys in the first and second quarters. I thought that the Lions may struggle with their subpar running game on offense and their questionable secondary on defense. I was hoping that this was not the end of the streak.

Second half came and then brought on the Romo Factor!!!! I forgot that Romo would give up the ball at any given moment. Those three interceptions that our defense got from Romo were almost offset by the bad calls made by the officials. I cannot say enough about how a 4-0 start from the Lions seems like a Super Bowl run at this point (I am going on record right now...If the Lions go to the Superbowl, I will be in Detroit watching it...okay, thats taking it to far). I am now starting up my Lion’s “Playoffs Train” for any Band Wagoner’s to join. I have taken the abuse for sticking with the Lions for years and now I don’t wanna see Calvin Johnson, Suh, and Stafford jerseys worn by any doubters.
Romo should get the game ball for competing against Stafford for Lions starting QB this week. Hey, "Tony No-Sho",  thanks for the 14 points and the late interception to seal the deal. Next week Chicago…and we are not kicking to Hester either!!!!

1 comment:

GENIUS328 said...

I know how the great the feeling is to have your team at the top of the NFL's bandwagon terminal. The game today simply solidified what Suh has been saying since this summer; the lions are for real and they see the playoffs even if the remainder of the world is blind to the prediciton.

If you look back at your prvious posts about the Lions and the Eagles one would find it crazy to see a 4-0 Lions team and a very disappointing 1-3 Eagles team. It goes to show that rosters mean nothing if the players are not present on the field. I hope the Lions make the playoffs, along with my 49ers and who knows, they may do the impossible and meet in the NFC championship. Hey, after seeing the collapse of the Boston Red Sox and now the Dallas Cowgirls in less than a week; I am ready to break out the WE BELIEVE t-shirts (shouts to T4 for the idea).

Great start to the season. Parody is still present in a league full of front office favorites.